© Asian Institute of Technology,
P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang,
Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
Tel: (66 2) 524 6082
Update your email profile to reflect @ait.ac.th as the email domain of AIT
The instructions below describe how to update your email profile to reflect @ait.ac.th as the email domain of AIT:
- Change your default sender and "reply-to" address (if you specify "reply-to" address), from @ait.asia to @ait.ac.th:
If you use Gmail web interface
- Click the down arrow of the Settings (Gear) icon at the top right of your Gmail, then click Settings, then click tab Account
- In the "Send Mail as" section, click Add another email address
- Enter your name and your @ait.ac.th email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), and click the check box Treat as an alias. If the "reply-to" address is different than the sender address, click Specify a different "reply-to" address and specify the address which is not an @ait.asia address. Then click Next step. The address above is then added in the "Send Mail as" section.
- From the "Send Mail as" section, find the address you just added above (e.g. email@example.com) and click Make Default
- NOTE: If you access your email by directly login to Gmail website, you still has to login using your @ait.asia email address
If you use an email client software (following instructions is based on Microsoft Outlook):
- Click the File tab.
- From the "Account Settings" button click the small down arrow and choose Account Settings.
- Select the e-mail account for which you want to update the e-mail address, and then click Change.
- Under "User Information", in the "E-mail Address" box, type the equivalent @ait.ac.th e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click More Settings.
- On the "General" tab, under "Other User Information", if the reply-to address is different than sender address, specify the Reply e-mail address which is not an @ait.asia address. Otherwise, leave Reply e-mail address blank (Reply-to is the same as sender address). Click OK
- Click Next, and then click Finish
- NOTE: If you use Gmail's incoming and outgoing servers, the "username" in the "Logon information" still has to be your @ait.asia email address.
- Change the email address in your signature to your @ait.ac.th address, if you specify @ait.asia